Supernova

  • Started: January 2014
  • Finished: November 2014
  • Size: about 100″ square.
I discovered the Supernova quilt alongĀ quilte awhile after it ran and decided to sew it up and make mine much bigger to fit my bed. It took many months of choosing fabrics, rearranging, and even some block surgery to get the fabric gradations just the way I wanted them to look. For the backing, I had a large stack of fabrics that all looked good together and that I wanted to use up, so I cut them all up into 2.5″ strips and jellyroll raced them together! It didn’t take as long as I thought, and it adds a lot to the quilt I think!